Newly Engaged? Here’s Your Wedding Planning Checklist!
The New Year has arrived and if you’re newly engaged, we suspect you have only one thing on your mind – wedding planning! Forget the New Year’s resolutions, it’s time to get organised with your big day and to help you get started, we’ve put together ultimate wedding planning checklist…
First things first…
- Tell your loved ones you’re engaged!
- Discuss your wedding date
- Set a budget and prioritise elements of your wedding day. E.g food and music
- Create a spreadsheet to track your budget
- Start work on the guest list
- Choose your bridal party and ask them!
- Book your wedding venue (ceremony and reception)
- Choose a stationer and send out your ‘Save the Dates’
- Create a wedding website where your guests can RSVP
- If you’ve got a theme or colour scheme, create a Pinterest board
- Book your photographer and videographer
- Start researching bridal boutiques
- Book a caterer if the venue doesn’t provide one
You’ve got 6 – 9 months to go…
- Choose the bridesmaid dresses
- Pick out your wedding rings together
- Research local accommodation and taxis for your guests
- Order your wedding cake and enjoy cake tastings!
- Book your wedding transport
- Choose your florist
- It’s time to think about entertainment, do you want a band, DJ, magician?
- Organise your seating plan
- Start planning your honeymoon to avoid the post-wedding blues
- Book a bridal hair and make-up trial
- Hire or buy the suits for the groom and groomsmen
- Make sure your bride tribe are organising your hen party
You’ve got 3 – 5 months to go…
- Finalise your guest list and send out the invitations
- Purchase any gifts for the bridal party
- Choose your wedding playlist, from the ceremony until the last dance
- Meet with your photographer to discuss locations / engagement shoot
- Finalise your wedding breakfast menu with your caterer
- Discuss your plans with your florist
- Book in your final dress fitting
- Double-check you’re happy with the seating plan arrangements
Eek! The big day is nearly here…
- Collect your wedding dress
- Confirm all bookings with suppliers
- Order your on-the-day wedding stationery
- Create a wedding day schedule and send out to the bridal party
- Give your caterer the final guest number and any dietary requirements
- Write your wedding speech and vows
- Collect your wedding rings
Don’t forget you can print out our Wedding Planning Printables here!