How to get that bridal glow with Josephine Way MUA…
There’s nothing more flattering on your wedding day than gorgeous, glowing skin (not least because we saw it ALL over bridal fashion weeks) We’re moving away from the ultra matte look of 2017 to a more flattering and hydrated style and Josephine Way MUA is here to give you her top tips for getting your skin glowing!
1) Develop a good skincare routine – and stick to it! Your skin will make the biggest difference to the overall look of your makeup so if you only listen to one piece of advice – make it this one! At the very minimum you need to be cleansing, toning and moisturising, morning and night. If you can add an exfoliator in (twice a week) and a serum – even better! Your skin will truly thank you!
2) When applying skincare, make sure you really work the products in to you skin. Don’t be afraid to be a little rough – rolling on the cheeks with your knuckles and finishing up at the temples will really help to get your blood flowing and since blood carries oxygen – get ready for some serious healthy, glowing vibes!
3) If you really want to give your skin a boost I recommend giving microdermabrasion facials a go. They’re the holy grail of skincare in my opinion! Microdermabrasion is a none invasive and chemical free form of exfoliation but the removal of dead skin, sebum, oils and blocked pores can’t be a bad thing. Plus you’ll get a collagen surge around 3 days after –win, win!
4) I love using a radiating primer to give me a glow before I apply my base and this is a good trick for oily babes who are a little bit worried about applying too many hydrating products, which will add to the problem. My favourites for a glow from within (without being greasy) are Illamasqua Radiance Veil and Becca Backlight Priming Filter.
5) I prefer to stick to cream blusher if I’m creating a dewy look as powders can get rid of that gorgeous glow you’ve worked hard to create. I always apply cream blushers to the padded part of my palm, as it’s the warmest part of your hand and will allow you to get a natural flush.
6) Of course no glowing look would be complete without a bit of highlighter. I’ve got to be honest I’m a bit of a fusspot when it comes to highlighters as I don’t like them to be too obvious and fake looking. Try to pick a highlighter that’s very finely milled so that you don’t get big, obvious glitter chunks. Apply to the top of the cheekbones, nose and Cupid’s bow initially and then do a quick sweep over your entire face to get a real glow. Mac Vanilla Pigment Pot is one of my favourites and suits virtually anybody as it has both golden and pink tones to it!
If you’d like to chat some more about your big day beauty, get in touch with Josephine Way MUA!