DIY- Lace Hessian Table Mats
Fancy a bit of DIY at your wedding? Why not try your hand at these pretty Lace and Hessian table mats! We hand you over to Emily Carlill from Love me Sew & www.emilycarlill.com to show you how to make these lovely pieces…
Hessian Table Mats
You will need:
♥ Hessian Fabric
♥ Lace Trim
♥ Coordinating thread
♥ Pins and scissors
♥ Sewing machine
1. Cut the hessian fabric to squares or rectangles of your desired size (I made mine 35cm x 35cm square).
2. Starting from one corner, pin the lace trim to the edge of hessian fabric along one side.
Tip: Find a repeat pattern on the lace trim to line up with the edge of the hessian – making it even all around.
3. When you get to the corner, turn the trim 90 degrees so it is continuing in the direction of the next side of the mat.
You will notice there a gather has formed in the lace trim at this corner. Pinch together this gather and fold so it’s lying flat against the mat, pin in place.
4. Continue pinning the trim all around the edge of the mat, repeating Step 3 above for each corner.
5. When you reach the place you started, cut off the excess lace trim.
6. Using your sewing machine and coordinating thread, sew a straight stitch around the edge of the mat, joining the lace to the hessian.
7. Secure the excess lace trim at your corners of your may by sewing diagonally along the fold.
8. Neaten by trimming the excess threads and press (use a cool iron on the lace).
Happy Crafting! Make sure you check out www.emilycarlill.com as there are lots of fab ideas and pieces of pretty for your wedding!