DIY Fortnightly Friday
Well hello there and happy Friday to you! I’m Chloe from www.adorebychloe.co.uk and every other Friday I have the pleasure of sharing a lovely DIY wedding project with you.
I’m a few posts into my column here and I’d really like to hear from you –
Are you planning a DIY wedding?
Did you make something for your big day?
Do you have ideas for crafty projects you’d like me to feature?
Please don’t be shy – drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, you may even get featured in my next post!
Ok, on with todays project, everyone loves them… wedding cupcakes!
Ingredients (to make 12 cupcakes)
250g unsalted butter, softened
250g caster sugar
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
245g self-raising flour
For the toppings:
3 cups of icing sugar
1 cup of butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 or 2 tablespoons of whipping cream
Edible decorations that match your wedding theme
1. Preheat the oven to 180c / gas 4 and line a 12 hole non-stick muffin tray with your cases (there are so many pretty options out there so you don’t have to stick with white!)
2. To make the cakes: beat together your butter and sugar until pale and creamy
3. Add in your eggs, one at a time, plus the vanilla extract and beat well until combined
4. Fold in the flour slowly, adding the milk as you go until the mixture is smooth
5. Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes
6. When you take them out of the oven allow them to sit in the tin for 10 minuetes before removing to cool on a wire rack
7. To make the icing: beat together your icing sugar and butter until well blended
8. Add in the vanilla extract and cream and beat for another minute
9. Use a piping bag and shaped nozzle to ice your cupcakes
10.Decorate with edible decorations, layer up on a cake stand, finish with a handmade ‘Cake’ sign and enjoy!
Have a lovely weekend,